Week 1 DB2
- Describe the purpose of a learning standard (referred to as a goal in Chapter 1) and the critical components of a learning objective.
- How would you differentiate between the two if attempting to explain it to somebody else?
- What is the relationship between formative assessments during instruction and the standards and objectives of that lesson?
- Take the challenge Karen Lea presents in her blog article Meaningful Connections: Objectives and Standards. Select a grade level standard and design two learning objectives AND a way to assess students FOR learning for each objective. Be sure to use the criteria for writing high-quality objectives as discussed in your assigned reading and videos.
Guided Response: Respond to at least one classmate with objectives and assessment ideas in the same grade range you chose (Pre-K-2nd, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12, and other) and one with objectives and assessment ideas in a completely different grade range.
- Are their objectives clear and measurable?
- Do they identify specifically, what the STUDENT will be doing and how?
- Are they aligned (related) to the given standard?
It is important to remember professionalism in your feedback. You are to give constructive feedback by giving the author a different lens with which to view their original ideas. Therefore, provide them with a specific suggestion for making their objective and/or assessment more complex according to Bloom’s Taxonomy