Unit 9 creating a lesson plan – assignment
Over the past nine weeks, we have learned about the benefits of play (in teacher-directed and child-directed activities) along with the importance of adapting lessons to meet individual needs consistent with developmentally appropriate practice. We have discussed the ethical issues and responsibilities in regard to planning lessons which meet the diverse needs of students.
For this Assignment, you will create a small group, teacher-directed or child-directed lesson of your choice. Use the template in DocSharing to synthesize all preparation, implementation, and evaluation aspects of the lesson. Consider which developmental domains, ethical issues, and state standards your particular lesson addresses and include a description of these on the provided template.
In addition to the planned lesson, you will provide paragraph descriptions of how you will plan for individual developmental level differences in your lesson in both remediation (lower levels) and extension (higher levels) sections of the template. More specifically, you will be planning adaptations to your lesson plan for children with special needs, ESL children (English as Second Language), and higher level learning students. With each of these adaptations, you will provide:
- Paragraph description of the adaptation or individualization itself.
- Paragraph description of how assistive technology will be used including type, availability, and appropriateness for early childhood learning.
- Brief description of how this adaptation or individualization is developmentally appropriate.
- List of materials or resources specifically needed for the adaptation or individualization.
Finally, your Assignment will include a title page and reference page with at least three sources.
Submitting your Assignment
Put your project in a Word document. Save it in a location and with a name that you will remember. When you are ready to submit it, click on the Dropbox and complete the steps below:
- Click the link that says “Submit an Assignment.”
- In the “Submit to Basket” menu, select Unit 9: Assignment.
- In the “Comments” field, include at least the title of your paper.
- Click the “Add Attachments” button.
- Follow the steps listed to attach your Word document.
- To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it.