Three (3) Journal Article Summaries/Evaluations
For Full Credit:
- Summaries must be one page each, single-spaced
- Each summary must be based on a current scholarly journal article that is pertinent to your behavior change.
- The journal article must be at least 4 pages in length
- A PDF copy of the article must be turned in
- Each summary must be typed. Times New Roman or Arial, size 12, 1-inch margins.
- A reference page for the articles must be included
- Summaries must include an evaluation of how it was useful to your project.
- Plagiarized summaries will receive no credit and will be reported to the Office of Student Conduct and Ethical Development
Where to find Scholarly Articles
You may use the following reputable resources to find scholarly articles. DO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA!!
Reminder: your articles must be at least 4 pages in length and related to your health project topic!
SAVE YOUR ARTICLES IN PDF FORMAT. You will need to submit a PDF copy of each article with your project.
There are a number of databases out there, but here are a few that I recommend:
Pfau Library: https://www.csusb.edu/library/find
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/
Pub Med: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
Here is an example of a scholarly journal article that would be acceptable to use for the project.
A few things to notice:
- Title of the journal it was published in: Health Policy and Planning (top right corner)
- Includes a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) #: 10.1093/heapol/czn022 (top right corner)
- DOI is a unique number that is often given to articles (but not all)
- You’ll often see an “Abstract” at the beginning of the article (however, this example does not have one)