Theoretical Explanations of Violence
Are human beings born violent or are they born free from violent tendencies? These questions have been the topic of debate among behavioral and social scientists for decades. In an effort to answer these questions, multiple theories on the origins of aggression have been developed.
Review the following theories and select two for this assignment:
- Excitation Transfer Theory
- Psychodynamic/Psychoanalytic Viewpoint
- Ethological Viewpoint
- Frustration-Aggression Hypothesis
- Displaced Aggression Theory
Using the Argosy University online library resources, the readings for this module, and the Internet, research your selected theories.
Respond to the following:
- Compare and contrast the two theories you have selected. Create a chart to provide your summary of the differences.
- Examine which theory best explains aggression.
- Support your statements with scholarly references and appropriate examples.
Write a 3–4-page paper in Word format and include your chart that summarizes the differences between the two selected theories. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Be sure to include a tile page and reference page in APA format.
By Sunday, September 7, 2014, deliver your assignment.
|Assignment 3 Grading Criteria||
|Compared and contrasted two selected theories of aggression presenting your summary in a chart.||
|Identified and analyzed the theory that best explains aggression.||
|Supported statements with scholarly references and appropriate examples.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||