Watch the video, Case Management: Collaboration, listed in the Readings and Resources for this module. As discussed throughout this course, building relationships, making connections with other agencies and professionals, and securing outside referrals for clients are all part of a case manager’s role in helping clients improve the overall quality of their lives. In order to accomplish these tasks, collaboration is key.
Assuming the role of a future case manager, develop your own collaborative network. Describe what personal approaches, professional activities, and networking strategies you will use in your collaborative network. In addition, discuss how interorganizational collaboration benefits both the client and the case manager. Complete your assignment by including a list of 5 local resources (in your community) you believe will be the best resources to start your collaborative network. Include a brief description of each resource/agency, contact information and website, what services are offered and what populations the agency serves.
In Your Assignment You Must:
- describe in one paragraph each how you would build your own collaborative network in terms of: (1) personal approaches, (2) professional activities, and (3) networking strategies (total of 600-750 words)
- discuss how interorganizational collaboration benefits both case managers and clients (200-300 words) develop a list of 5 local resources in your community (can be bullet points)
- include a brief description of each resource, contact information and website, what services are offered and what populations the agency serves
- support your ideas with evidence and examples from the text and 2 additional outside sources other than the two course textbooks
- use APA style for all references and in-text citations