strategic training & development robyn a. berkley & david m. kaplan
- What type of training and development interventions directly impact the social environment? With which type of social intervention do you work best and why?
- What is the difference between flow and stock statistics? Explain in detail and provide examples.
- Conduct an article review regarding the top 21st century challenges regarding emerging issues in Human Resources Training. (3 pages)
- Should an organization provide training to an independent contractor? Why or why not? Justify your response.
- Explain how an organization’s culture can influence the decision of whether or not to provide training or development. Provide current examples.
- What needs motivate someone to participate in training or development? Justify your response.
1. What is Bloom’s Taxonomy and why do trainers need to pay attention to learning outcomes?
2. How does social learning theory affect employee development? Describe the process using the model.
3. Discuss problem-based learning and discuss the benefits of using this kind of learning for management and leadership training.
- When designing a training evaluation program, which designs, experimental or nonexperimental, are the easiest to use for corporate training? Discuss the importance of thinking about evaluation before you decide on the content in your training program.
- What is the difference between “effective training” and “training effectiveness”? Which level of evaluation do you see as more important to trainers and which level is more important to the organization. Explain why.
1. Go to www.youtube.com. (a) Search for “Training in Second Life” or “Training Simulations in Second Life.” Choose and review a video of one of the many topics of training offered in Second Life. Provide a description of the training. Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the training. Based on the video you reviewed, do you think that companies’ interest in Second Life for Training will increase or decrease in the future? Justify your response. What would a company do to consider the Cost Benefit Analysis of the training?
- Is it beneficial or problematic to have employees think of training as a reward? Justify your response with real life examples.
- Discuss how individual diversity intersects with technology. How can an organization use technology to be more inclusive?
- What is gamification and is it a good thing for training? Justify your response with real life examples.
3. Refer to the information about the Research Paper throughout the Assignment Sheet and the information about new trends in training in the textbook. (a) List the topic (trend) for your paper. (b) Schedule the interview with an HR Training Professional that will be included in the Research Paper. Who will you interview and what questions will you ask? (c) List two of the sources (in the correct APA format) that you will use in the research paper.
The authors of the textbook discussed several trends that will influence the future of training. Based on future social, economic, political, or technology factors, identify one new trend that you think will influence training. Write a 10 page paper summarizing your ideas. Make sure to provide a rationale for your trend. In addition, analyze the ethical issues (including the Association for Talent Development Code of Conduct included within the textbook) and decisions related to the trend that will influence training. Include 6 peer-reviewed sources (Journal Articles) from EBSCO or other databases, information from the personal interview and all appropriate APA documentation.
REFLECTION ESSAY (3-5 pages)
Based on the readings in the textbook and other outside sources used in this class, what new skills will trainers need to be successful in the future? How do you plan to use your new learning in your career? Develop a 3-5 page Reflection Essay on this topic.