SLP 3 530
Module 3 – SLP
TEAM MEMBERS AND POLITICAL ROLES IN SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
the assignment is to “sell” your hypothetical information system project to relevant stakeholders and clients. In the previous modules, you have created an initial project description, as well as detailed information requirements. You have also come up with a methodology suitable to implement your project in Module 5. Now it is the time for you to refine your project description, and to promote your project to the relevant stakeholders and clients in order to gain support and markets.
Please compose a 2- to 3-page paper documenting a refined version of your project description, and discussing the different stakeholders and clients’ interests and any potential political conflicts in implementing your information system project.
In your paper, please make sure to discuss the following points, in addition to presenting the refined project description:
· Identify stakeholders and clients
· Identify the perspectives and perceptions of the different stakeholders and clients
· Describe the political dimensions of your project and identify ways in which such politics may influence your project and implementation processes
· Describe the conditions under which social and technical system sub-optimization in your project might occur and identify strategies for avoiding these conditions
· Identify your strategies for preventing your project from becoming a “death march project.”
The following items will be assessed in particular:
· The degree to which you have carried out the assignment completely, or clarified why you could not and investigated alternatives
· Your ability to describe your project clearly and develop your recommendations systematically