Should DUI (driving under the influence) laws be changed?
Write a one to two (1-2) page research proposal in which you:
- Identify the topic selected and explain two (2) reasons for using it.
- Include a relevant draft thesis statement and explain why you believe this statement will help you focus your paper.
- Describe three (3) major characteristics of your audience (official position, decision-making power, current view on topic, and / or other important characteristics).
- Describe the paper’s scope and outline the major sections. Note: Keep in mind that you will develop your paper in three parts (Assignment 2 – Assignment 4). Review the structure of each individual assignment and create your outline based on that structure.
- Identify and explain the key questions your audience needs to have answered. Next, describe where you will look to find the answers to these questions. Be sure to provide concrete examples of where you intend to look to find those answers.
- Explain your research plan, including the methods of researching and organizing research.
- Document at least three (3) sources that you intend to use in your paper. Use credible, academic sources available through Strayer University’s Resource Center. Provide a brief summary (25-50 words) of each source’s contents and how you intend on connecting that source to your paper topic. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Write a research proposal that states the claim and scope of the research project.
- Outline the main sections of the research project.
- Devise an ordered research plan to obtain appropriate resources.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.