Prenatal Substance Use Exposure in the United States
PAPER SHOULD BE 10 PAGES TOTAL, NOT INCLUDING COVER & REFERENCE PAGE.
THE QUESTIONS MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE PAPER AS HEADINGS
Part 1– Case Analysis:
This paper requires students to do library research on one form of trauma that people experience. Forms of trauma include, but are not limited to: assault, accidental injury, exposure to war, rape, life threatening illness, domestic violence, child sexual or physical abuse, kidnapping, torture, and threats to one’s life or physical well-being.
Discuss the consequences of the type of traumatization you have chosen as the focus of your paper. What tends to happen to people who experience this form of trauma? You are looking to describe the consequences of this type of trauma for the urban individual, family, community, or culture. Here are some questions to consider:
- What are the demographics for this population and/or how pervasive is the problem?
- Identify if this is a simple or complex trauma and why.
- Are there particular groups who are more vulnerable?
- What factors of the trauma are most influential in the severity of symptoms?
- What is the particular range of reactions to this trauma?
- What communities and systems could be impacted and/or involved?
Include at least 6 references from the professional literature; 4 of these must be from current professional journals in social work, psychology, psychiatry, or other closely related fields. Internet sources may be used in addition to these 6 sources. Use APA format to cite all references. This section should be 4-5 pages in length.
Part 2– Strategies of Intervention Plan
- Identify two of the most effective, evidenced based practice treatment models utilized for survivors of this form of trauma.
- Why are these approaches the most effective?
- What modalities are used?
- Discuss the phases of recovery for survivors as they apply to treatment.
- What are potential barriers to accessing treatment for your population group?
Include at least 8 references from the professional literature; 6 of these must be from current professional journals in social work, psychology, psychiatry, or other closely related fields. Internet sources may be used in addition to these 8 sources.