As an ECE administrator, you are putting together a proposal to persuade your district or child-care company to gain funding for a new portfolio system. Your proposal will not only compare and contrast two portfolio options but will also defend why your rationale for choosing one of them as being the best fit for your school or center. Use Toulmin’s model for constructing your defense/argument.
For your proposal, you will:
- Summarize both the pros and cons of Teaching Strategies GOLD and another portfolio system of your choice (e.g. Lifecubby).
- Defend which portfolio system you feel would be the best fit for your school or center. In your rationale, be sure to explain how the portfolio system aligns with your philosophy of education and, therefore, your school or centers.
- Describe the chosen type of portfolio system (working, evaluative, showcase, archival, or a combination of these) and its purpose.
- Explain how your chosen portfolio system can encompass both content-area information as well as growth in each of the developmental domains, and describe what will go in the portfolio. Provide a rationale.
- Propose how you, as the administrator, will ensure that your staff implements the system with fidelity, meets your expectations, and has their training needs for implementation and carry-through of the new system upheld.