Politics Discussion Question
-Need it by Friday at 10 pm in Pacific Time Zone.
Please listen to the following radio program, review the text, and respond to the questions below:
Your initial post should be a minimum of 8 lines in length and be written in sentences (rather than just listing the letter, or a short phrase).
1. What is affirmative action? When was it created?
2. According to the radio program, which of the following years was NOT one mentioned in which the Supreme Court addressed affirmative action in a college admissions program?
3. According to the video, which of the following affirmative action criteria was NOT previously established by the Court?
a) There were no quotas
b) Each applicant was considered separately
c) The program was adopted by schools with a historical lack of racial or gender diversity
d) The program was time limited
e) Race was not the predominant factor
4. What was the position of the US Solicitor General in the case (which side was it on and what argument did it make)?
5. Part 1. Succinctly frame the debate between pro-affirmative action and anti-affirmative action advocates.
Part 2. Which argument do you find most compelling and why?