Philosophy Discussion Questions
Answer each questions with 2-4 paragraphs, each with 2-4 sentences.
0 % plagiarism
no references, no quotes
1. What is the difference between objectivity and subjectivity? Is morality more like mathematics (“1 + 1 = 2”) or more like aesthetics (“chocolate tastes better than vanilla”)?
2. What is the Divine Command Theory? In the end, is it successful in your view? Why or why not?
3. What is Psychological Egoism? What is Ethical Egoism? Explain and criticize. In the end, is either theory successful in your view? Why or why not?
4. What is utilitarianism? What is attractive about utilitarianism? What is problematic about it?
5. What is Kantian Ethics or Deontology? Describe. Explain why you think the theory ultimately succeeds or fails.
6. What is Virtue Ethics? Describe. Explain why you think the theory ultimately succeeds or fails.
7. Should abortion be allowed? What does Thomson think? What does Marquis think? Defend your own answer.
8. Should it be permissible for us to use drugs for recreational purposes? Why or why not? Should it be permissible for us to take our own lives? Why or why not?
9. What is the most just type of society? What would it be like? Specify whether you would prioritize the value of freedom or prioritize the value of equality.
10. What was Plato’s political philosophy, in a nutshell? What was Hobbes’ political philosophy, in a nutshell?