Option #1: Leadership Style
Self-assessments enable you to learn more about yourself. These instruments feature behavioral questionnaires that address a variety of personal attributes, such as personality, emotional intelligence, communication abilities, motivation, and decision making. The overall expectation is that these instruments will provide you with value-added results, which will help you to hone your skills as a solid decision maker and leader.
Using the links to the self assessments in the lecture, or self assessments you find online, take at least one emotional intelligence assessment, one decision-making assessment, and one leadership assessment.
- Discuss the outcomes of the assessments in a paper by specifically addressing:
- Your individual personality
- How your personality fits into the organization to which you currently belong
- Your decision-making style
- How your personality, EQ, and decision-making style impact your organizational contributions and leadership
- Answer the following questions:
- Are you effective in your role within your organization or elsewhere (identify the role)?
- What common biases might impact your decision making?
- What could you do to be a more effective decision maker?
- How does all of the information that you have gathered from these assessments and your analysis reflect on you as a leader?
- Your paper should be 4 pages in length, not counting the required title and references pages.
- Cite a minimum of six scholarly sources to support your positions, claims, and observations, in addition to the textbook, four of which should be academic, peer-reviewed sources. (You may not use the required and recommended readings for this course.)
Be sure to review the Critical Thinking Assignment rubric for details regarding grading standards.