Need it by 6pm tomorrow 03/01/2018
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Relating to Readers
Writers of fiction attempt to connect with others through shared storytelling.
Write 2–3 paragraphs that answer the following:
- Define fiction in your own words.
- Do you read any books in this genre? Why or why not?
- Pick 1 subgenre of fiction, and describe it.
Write 2–3 paragraphs to answer the following:
- Why read fiction?
- Is it entertaining? Why or why not?
- Is it educational? Why or why not?
- What do you learn about others through reading their work?
- What is active reading? How does this help the reader determine the author’s message?
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- How did the definitions of fiction provided by your classmates compare with your own?
- Are your reading habits similar or different from those of your classmates?
- Do you use active reading when you read fiction in your everyday life? If not, how can active reading help to enrich your experience of fictional texts?
- Do you have any questions about the details and explanations your classmates have posted?
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
The following grading criteria will be used to assess your Unit 2 Discussion Board.
Review your submission so you are sure you have included the following:
Defines fiction accurately
Discuss the role that fiction does or does not play in his/her life
Provides an adequate rationale for the value of fiction
Describes the value of active reading in understanding fiction
Responds in detail to work of at least 2 classmates