Intro to Emergency Management Mod6 Homework
Directions: Research the recovery work of two of the following organizations:
- •A Federal Government agency (e.g., Dept of Housing & Urban Development)
- •A private company (e.g., BP)
- •A nongovernmental organization (e.g., Habitat for Humanity)
- •A civic organization (e.g., Rotary International)
- •A community organization (e.g., Woodbine Community Organization)
- •A religious organization (e.g., United Methodist Committee on Relief)
Then answer the following questions. Be sure to cite any sources you use. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise guidelines on APA format.
- 1.What are the names of the entities?
- 2.What is the disaster being addressed?
- 3.Describe in two paragraphs (one paragraph per entity) the recovery work being conducted.
- 4.Provide the URL that provides more information about each entity.
- 5.Compare and contrast the work of the two entities, citing examples.
Directions: Based on your review of the article “Recovery Doesn’t Just Happen” (see link at the end of the Lecture Notes) write a summary report on the points discussed about disaster/emergency recovery. Please ensure that your report is at least 1.5 pages in length, using 12-point font and double spacing. Be sure to cite any sources you use. Please visit the Academic Resource Center for concise guidelines on APA format.