Internet Assignment Final
Chapter 15 – Majors and Careers: Making the Right Choice
Directions: See Grading Rubric below and Example attached
- Click on the websites provided. Read, research, and analyze.
- Copy/paste the following questions into a Word Processor followed by your answers. Save this on your computer.
- Answer each question carefully and completely to receive full points. (10)
- Click on ‘Submit Assignment’.
- Attach your Word document to the Assignment or copy/paste your document in the text box.
- Submit to your instructor.
Internet Career Resources
(Opens in a new window)
The Riley Guide to Career Opportunities
American Career InfoNet Career Resources Library
Develop Your Personal Career Mission Statement
Answer the following questions:
- Research 4 career sites and list them.
- Of the sites you visited, which is better for gathering information about a future job? Which site is better for finding a job immediately?
- Visit the Franklin Covey site (click on create mission) and go through the process of building your own mission. Or use the College Grad site for info on a career mission statement. In short, what is your mission?
- From your mission, extract a short motivational sentence that will help you obtain your vision. What is the sentence?
Want 20 points Extra Credit?
Take the PathFinder Quiz
Answer the following questions.
What Industry Sectors came up for you?
Choose one of those Sectors. Which one did you choose?
Name at least 2 careers from that Sector that interest you.
(Label and put your answers at the bottom of this Internet Assignment)