In the News…. Privacy
Choose a current or recent event that illustrates a privacy concern. Use and cite at least one quality news article or story. How does the article explain a theme or themes from our textbook or other class sources? Offer your opinion, thoughts or insights as well.
Some ideas of places to go for your news story:
- PCC Shatford Library POLSC 1 LibGuideLinks to an external site.
- The Hill.com (Links to an external site.) (hover over News and you will be able to choose House or Senate)
- New York Times (Links to an external site.)
- Politico (Links to an external site.)(check out the Congress tab)
- Roll Call (Links to an external site.)
- The LA Times (Links to an external site.) (check out US tab and then Politics)
- Create a 250 word summary of your article. Make certain to include a citation. For help with citations you can check out this PCC Citation page. There are many resources to help you: CitationsLinks to an external site..
- Create 1 or 2 thought questions about the article. These should be questions that help your classmates’ think more deeply about the topic and their own perspective. Such as:
- If …. happened, what do you think would happen?
- How should the President/Congress/the Supreme Court/the American public respond to…?
- Why do you think…?
- How do you feel about…?