Human development answering questions
HD101 Week 8
Ch. 8: Intelligence
Study Questions: (10 points) – Write responses to each of the following questions. Write the responses in your own words, do not copy and paste from your textbook, or another source. Cite a reference for the information provided for each question. Include a reference list.
· Responses to questions are accurate. – 5 points
· Each question has a reference citation in APA format; reference list is included/accurate. – 2 points.
· Responses are written in student’s voice. – 3 points.
1. Define the following terms:
2. What is IQ? How is IQ calculated?
Process of calculating IQ:
3. Define the following terms:
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
4. Briefly describe Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences.
5. Sternberg’s Triarchic Theory is made up of 3 components. Briefly name and describe each one:
6. Define the following terms:
7. How are achievement tests, aptitude tests, and intelligence tests different from each other?
8. Describe selective optimization, related to a gradual decline of cognitive abilities.
9. Define least restrictive environment