Healthcare Finance Reflection
Please respond to the following questions based upon these course objectives:
- Implement and maintain organizational compliance with applicable regulations, requirements, and standards with a defined audit process.
- Manage the use of clinical data required in the various reimbursement methodologies used across the continuum of health care delivery (chargemaster, case mix analysis, PPS, DRGs, APCs, RBRVS, and RUGs).
- Participate in the development of processes and selection of the applications for chargemaster and claims management.
- Explain the difference between various insurance plans and financial management systems.
- Define the role of all health care resources in determining costs.
- Analyze the accounting for support department costs and allocations, including cost behavior and relationships, various cost models, budget creation, and managerial reports.
Please answer the following questions with supporting examples and full explanations.
- For each of the learning objectives, provide an analysis of how the course supported each objective.
- Explain how the material learned in this course, based upon the objectives, will be applicable to professional application.
Reflect back on your journey through this course and answer the following:
- What was the most valuable thing you learned in this course?
- What aspects of finance in healthcare do you find most challenging, and how will you strengthen those areas as a health care management professional?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Please review post and response expectations. Please review the rubric to ensure that your response meets criteria.
Cite any resources/references in APA formatting that were used in the discussion – if applicable.