Health Information Improvement Proposal (NO PLAGIARISM)
You have been asked to create a proposal for improving data collection and analysis based on the current EHR at Independence Medical center and the recommendations you already made during your work. Despite being meaningful use certified, the leadership team feels that the organization needs to make better use of patient data to improve clinical outcomes, quality, and efficiency.
Your board of directors have asked you to prepare a full proposal and are relying on you to provide them with the most current and relevant information to help them decide on the next steps related to improvements and analysis.
For this assignment, write a 4–6-page, APA-formatted paper that summarizes proposed data services and their potential outcomes. Next, align the appropriate data with the organization’s strategic goals, identify current trends in data analytics, and provide recommendations for next steps based on your assessment of the organization’s health information needs. Feel free to draw on relevant aspects of the previous assignments in this course to help you complete this assignment.
In your proposal:
- Explain your recommendations related to technological and logistical changes to an organization’s HIM system (1–2 pages).
- Describe 2–3 data services and how their potential outcomes align with an organization’s administrative and clinical goals (1–2 pages).
- Analyze how contemporary data analysis trends could be leveraged to improve current practices in an organization (1 page).
- Recommend best practices for collecting data, securely storing data, and converting data analytics into useful and understandable deliverables (1 page).
Make sure to:
- Apply relevant evidence and current best practices.
- Write professionally, clearly, and concisely.
- Integrate relevant sources to support assertions, correctly formatting citations and references using current APA style.
Your proposal should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: 3–5 peer-reviewed resources from scholarly journal articles.
- Length: 4–6 double-spaced pages, excluding the title page and reference page. Please write an abstract for your submission.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.