On the Basics –
We have said that strategic management is an evolution and a destination. What does this
mean? Discuss in detail.
Provide three examples of how your team company is or is not a ‘strategic management’
Lastly, clearly and succinctly describe your team company’s mission statement as well as
the 2020 goals and objectives of the firm.
- We have said that strategic management is an evolution and a destination. What does this
On Corporate Governance –
Discuss three traditional roles of the board of directors. Also, identify and discuss the most
urgent governance issue impacting your team company’s board – what are they doing to
manage this important issue?
Lastly, identify and evaluate a major philanthropic initiative/program to which your team
company contributes or leads that aims to do good while also helping the firm do well.
- Discuss three traditional roles of the board of directors. Also, identify and discuss the most
On Competition – The Five Forces & The Blue Ocean
We have said that competition forces society to be better by providing superior value. Identify and discuss your team company’s competitive advantage and core competency – in essence, the magic sauce that makes the company stay in the game.
Provide a descriptive discussion of the Porter’s Five Forces Model of your team’s company and include what Wheelen and Hunger call the sixth force in your analysis.
Kim and Mauborgne argue that sustaining a “competitive advantage” is to make the competition irrelevant – hence, the blue ocean metaphor. Identify and discuss what must be done to achieve or sustain your team company’s position in a ‘blue ocean’. Pull from the readings to support your response while including a ‘four actions framework’ model.
- We have said that competition forces society to be better by providing superior value. Identify and discuss your team company’s competitive advantage and core competency – in essence, the magic sauce that makes the company stay in the game.
On the Value Chain –
Identify and discuss the business model that best describes your team company.
Provide a descriptive overview of the various components of Porter’s value chain model
as they apply to your CEO company. Identify the areas within the value chain needing to
be strengthened. Ultimately, what is the profit/margin goal of your firm?
Lastly, what are the central pillars of your CEO company’s corporate theory? Identify the
company’s assets and activities that are rare, distinctive, and valuable.
- Identify and discuss the business model that best describes your team company.
i. Pull from Zenger to support your response while providing an illustrative model
of the company’s corporate theory as well.
5. On General Strategy –
- Define and discuss the current business and corporate strategies of your team company
using the language from our readings.
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the current strategies?
- Lastly, identify the most urgent decision needing to be made to ensure the competitive
sustainability of the company or to move toward a sustainable competitive advantage.
team company is Apple, and CEO company is Amazon.
ten pages is your minimum target; dig deep into the readings and lectures; provide unique insight; reach for high-level analysis, presentation and formatting; use 12-point, Times New Roman font; double- space; use endnotes to cite your sources using full APA bibliographic formatting including page numbers; pay attention to details; put some time into this assignment; teach me something new.
- team company