Film Review Essay
Need this custom essay written urgently?
Film Review Essay
- Students may select a film that they have previously explored in previous Forum assignments but Please do not use Forrest Gump as it is overused.
- Students must establish a coherent thesis statement in the introduction of their paper with a claim that they intend to prove. The body of the essay serves to support the thesis through an analysis of the film and other relevant material. Avoid simply rehashing descriptive material from other source.
- Support your thesis through textual and formal analysis. Refer to specific shots, scenes, characters, stylistic devices, and themes in the film.
- As much as possible, use technical, literary and industry terms to make your points.
- If needed, you may use additional resources to support your claims. Suggested sources might include academic books and articles; film reviews; and personal opinions from reputable film critics and scholars. Information other than production details obtained from popular sources such as The Internet Movie Database and Wikipedia is not considered reputable.
- Only use plot information to support the thematic points of the paper. Include only one to two sentences of plot summary when explaining each of the required film elements.
- Also, students should not choose a film that the authors of the textbook have analyzed in detail.
Writing the Film Review
The Film Review:
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages (excluding the Works Cited page) in length and formatted according to MLA style.
- Must include an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must include, on the final page, a Works Cited
- Submitted as MS Word document