Essay question, theory, Online Assignment
Write another 3-4 pages documenting your human’s physical, cognitive, and psychosocial development during middle childhood: the early elementary years. Be sure to refer to and cite a variety of theoretical perspectives that we are studying this week in our readings. How does your human’s development reflect what Piaget says about this stage of childhood development? Which of Erikson’s crises has your human encountered so far, and how has he or she resolved them?
Summarize what went well and what difficulties your human experienced during this period? Consider how race/ethnicity, class, and gender may have influenced these experiences, and remember to carry the events of your human’s previous developmental stages through into what you write this week.
Some ideas might include, but are not limited to the following:
- What were some of your human’s the biggest challenges in transitioning to elementary school?
- Does your human have any social, intellectual, behavioral, or physical challenges?
- Did your human make friends? What does he or she like to do for fun, either with friends or alone?
- Does your human participate in any extracurricular activities such as sports, clubs, or arts-based activities? Do his or her parents encourage this?
- Does your human seem different from other kids his or her own age in ways that might be concerning?
- What kinds of feedback have your human’s teachers given on report cards or at parent/teacher conferences?
- Attached are the rest of the assignments