Discussion: Gendering Justice
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Consider the unique needs of individuals within the criminal justice system who are female or transgender.
· Identify a specific treatment approach designed to consider the needs of cisgender women or transgender individuals.
· Conduct an academic search in the Walden Library, and select at least one scholarly article from a peer-reviewed journal that features the treatment approach you selected.
· Review the document, Treatment Outcome Models, found in this week’s resources, and think about how treatment approach success could be evaluated using each of the treatment outcome models.
· Select one treatment outcome model you think would be the most effective for measuring the success of your treatment approach, and consider why.
With these thoughts in mind:
By Day 3
Post a description of the unique needs related to gender within the criminal justice system. Then, briefly describe the research article you selected. Include the type of treatment approach and discuss the gendered nature of the approach. Then explain which treatment outcome model you would use to measure the success of the treatment approach, and explain why.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the resources.
Fedock, G., Garthe, R. C., Sarantakos, S., Golder, S., Higgins, G. E., & Logan, T. K. (2018). A life course perspective of victimization, child welfare involvement, cumulative stress and mental health for mothers on probation and parole. Child Abuse & Neglect, 86, 235–246.
Goshin, L. S., Arditti, J. A., Dallaire, D. H., Shlafer, R. J., & Hollihan, A. (2017). An international human rights perspective on maternal criminal justice involvement in the United States. Psychology, Public Policy, and Law, 23(1), 53–67.
James, S. E., Herman, J. L., Rankin, S., Keisling, M., Mottet, L., & Anafi, M. (2016). The Report of the 2015 U.S. Transgender Survey. Washington, DC: National Center for Transgender Equality. Retrieved from https://transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/usts/USTS-Full-Report-Dec17.pdf