discussion board part 2
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
Your management team believes they have identified a resource allocation problem within the manufacturing department. They have asked you to perform an analysis of the current department resources to make a decision as to whether or not restructuring is necessary. To do this, you have applied a deterministic programming model in which all of the variables are known. In many linear programming problems, those that are to be maximized have a bounded feasible region, and those that are to be minimized have an unbounded feasible region.
- Provide feedback on whether or not this is always the case.
- Explain what it means if you have an infeasible problem.
- Provide feedback about the pros and cons of having a minimized or a maximized feasible region, and provide input on your opinion of the data from each.
- Define what an optimal solution is and where it may be located with respect to the feasible region.
- Can we have more than one optimal solution?