Career Exploration Project
Your introduction should include your career plans and the reasons for your
interest. (What kind of skills, activities and interests have you had up to this point
in your life that lead you to believe you’ll enjoy and be good at the career you’ve
chosen?) Explain what people in this career field do including three specific tasks
a person in this field might perform. What type of college degree, if any, do you
need to gain employment in this field? How do you see yourself in this career 20
years from now? Also discuss what type of experience you’d like to have in your
college education and why you chose the college or technical institution that you
B. Research Summary
Compile your responses in a paragraph format. This must be your work not copies from a view book, catalogue, etc. NO CUTTING & PASTING.
1. What they do: In your own words, write a general description
for what a person who has this career does.
2. What to learn: What high school courses should you take if
you are interested in this career? How much post-secondary
education is recommended for this career?
3. Money and Outlook: Discuss the earning potential, entry
wage, average wage and experienced wage (if given) and the
employment outlook and growth rate.
4. Employment: What industries employ people in this career
1. Vital information: Name and address of the school, phone
number and website.
2. Statistics: Include the population of the city where the school is
3. Tuition Expenses: Include tuition costs for both state residents
4. Other Expenses: Cost for room and board; estimated costs for
textbooks, food not covered by the meal plan (pizza,
McDonalds, etc) and spending money (gas for car, movie
nights, football games, a date, that awesome sweatshirt, etc)
5. Admission Requirements: Include GPA, additional college
courses required or recommended, and minimum scores for
GRE, MAT, LSAT, MCAT, DAT etc. Required admission
procedures and costs like application fee, student essay, letters
of recommendation, deadline dates, etc.
D. Pro’s and Con’s
Share your pros and cons in paragraph format. (Three Pro’s and three
Con’s for each.
E. Conclusion of research.
I attached the entire project for a visual but you only have to do what is posted.
FORMAT FOR PAPER:
Type and submit your project in a three-prong pocket folder. (Size 12 font, Times New
Roman font, double space) Organize items in this order:
1. Cover Page
2. Written Introduction
3. Career Research
4. College Research
5. Pro’s and Con’s List