Career Brochure Project
You will research a chosen occupation and present your information in a three panel brochure (3 panels on each side.) You may not research a career you have researched in previous projects. For example, if you did any type of military previously, you can’t research military; if you previously did a doctor, do not research ANY TYPE of doctor. You will be given two class periods to research your career and gather the needed information. Then, you will be given another two class periods to complete your brochure. Your finished product should be *colorful, **attractive, neat, and ***detailed.
Title panel (REQUIRED):
- The name of the occupation, first and last name, sources used (name of website, NOT the web address), and a picture, clip art, or photo that fits nicely with the profession.
Other five panel suggestions (you do not HAVE to do all of these)
& each panel must be titled):
- Job Description and/or duties (what does this person do at work?)
- Training, Education, or Degree needed (what college would you choose?)
- Salary Range (yearly or hourly – from what year is your info?)
- Work Environment (office, outside work, in a hospital, telecommuting, etc.)
- Who are some Famous People in this career? Tell about one or two, don’t just write down names.
- Employment Outlook (is the job stable? Is it growing or declining?)
- How many employees are there in this career? In what year?
- What are the projected Job Openings in this career? Between what years?
- Does your occupation offer any fringe benefits such as paid vacation time, sick days, bonuses?
- What is the Holland Code on your occupation? What does it mean?
- Name some similar or related careers?
Suggested websites to research:
*Colorful – more than writing your info in colored ink or just coloring the panel with a single color – use pictures and designs on all panels. You will not be able to print pictures at school,but if you want to print pictures or use magazine pictures from home, you are welcome to do so.
**Attractive, Neat – Since you have 2 full class periods to draw, color, etc., I expect your brochure to show that you took your time to do everything that is expected. Writing over pencil with colored ink is NOT neat and attractive!
***Detail – I want MUCH information on your brochure. – Example: Do not JUST put salary on a panel, combine it with something else so your brochure will be filled with info. I want DETAIL, not just FACTS.