Due Sunday November 3 by 8pm Central Time U.S.
The sign of an effective clinician is the ability to identify the criteria that distinguish the diagnosis from any other possibility (otherwise known as a differential diagnosis). An ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to a faulty course of treatment and hurt the client more than it helps. In this Assignment, using the DSM-5 and all of the skills you have acquired to date, you assess an actual case client named L who is presenting certain psychosocial problems (which would be diagnosed using Z codes).
This is a culmination of learning from all the weeks covered so far.
To prepare: Use a differential diagnosis process and analysis of the Mental Status Exam in “The Case of L” to determine if the case meets the criteria for a clinical diagnosis.’
The Case of L Document
American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Substance related and addictive disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author.
Submit a 5- to 7 page paper in which you
· Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention). I already made the Diagnoses and Zcodes
USE DSM-5 Book digital I provided, pages are listed to find the Diagnoses I chosen. As well as the two Diagnoses that I ruled out.
F20.9- Schizophrenia (page 99)
F43.10 Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (due to Child molestation) Page 271-280
F333.3 Major Depressive disorder recurrent episode with psychotic features Page 160-163
F06.4 Anxiety disorder due to another medical condition Page 230 ( Other medical condition is Schizophrenia).
Z91.5 personal history of self-harm
Z62.810 Personal history (past history) sexual abuse in childhood
Z72.9 Problem related to lifestyle
Z71.9 Other counseling or consolation
Z63.8 High expressed emotion level within family
· Explain the full diagnosis, matching the symptoms of the case to the criteria for any diagnoses used.
· Identify 2 of the close differentials that you considered for the case. I have ruled out. I added the two ruled out. Please Concisely explain why these conditions were considered but eliminated.
Two ruled out was:
1. F60.2-Antisocial Personality Disorder Page 659
2. Bipolar 1 Disorder Page 123-132
· Identify the assessments you recommend validating treatment. Explain the rationale behind choosing the assessment instruments to support, clarify, or track treatment progress for the diagnosis.
· Explain your recommendations for initial resources and treatment. Use scholarly resources to support your evidence-based treatment recommendations.
· Explain how you took cultural factors and diversity into account when making the assessment and recommending interventions.
· Identify client strengths and explain how you would utilize strengths throughout treatment.
· Identify specific knowledge or skills you would need to obtain to effectively treat this client and provide a plan on how you will do so.
USE APA format and intext citation and References
Use the DSM-5 Digital book attachment and Use creditable outside sources to back up your treatment and recommendations