4 pages. Due in 36 hours. No Plagiarism. Rubric is attached.
The Argumentative Essay
Here are some basic requirements of the essay:
- Your argumentative essay will need to be between four (full) to six pages in length.
- You must address a debatable ethical issue that has at least two sides (email me for topics)
- Effectively address the rhetorical situation – audience, purpose, context
- articulate a clear position regarding the issue and argue that position with logical reasons
- adequately develop the argument using credible support (research)
- acknowledge the opposing viewpoints and employ counterargument or concession
- identify and explain the assumptions, contexts, and consequences of the various positions.
- Utilize at least 5 credible sources – from scholarly databases, books, etc. (no google or dot com sources)
- MLA formatting
This essay must be 4-6 pages in MLA format. You are asked to engage in some research with a minimum 5 outside sources. Pick a topic that you are interested in exploring and writing about.
In this Essay you MUST make an argument/ claim.
Here is a short video to explain the concept of a “claim.”